River Trip FAQs
131 N Main St, Douglassville PA 19518
Weekends only, 10am-4pm
1. Reservation Steps: Book a Trip
Select and book your trip type (ex: 3-mile, single tube trip). Chat/message, email, or call us to confirm your reservation (we're working to make this process easier in the future).
We're currently open on weekends and holidays. We run trips between 10am-4pm. Some trip departures cut-off sooner, based on length and other variables like projected forecasts.
2. Reservation Steps: Prep for Trip
Pack a cooler for a picnic or snack along the way. Wear sturdy sandals for better traction and foot safety. Stay safe from the sun with hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen. If weather is questionable, message or call us before you leave!
3. Reservation Steps: Arrival & Check-in
Meet us at our base: 131 N Main St, Douglassville, PA 19518, and check-in at our office (quaint little shed) on the hill. You can't miss it!
Sign our waiver, finalize any other rental details, and grab your life jacket (life jackets and/or paddles provided for all trips).
4. Reservation Steps: Transportation & River Access
We'll run you up river, providing final instructions along the way. You float or paddle back down and take out at our base along the river. We have signage and a flag mounted at our take-out on the left side river bank. Return your equipment to the office and go about your day!
We provide single and double tubes, single and double kayaks, sit-in and sit-on-top kayaks, and 2-3 person canoes. Small cooler rafts are also available.
- It is your responsibility to take reasonable care and precautions when renting any equipment.
- Do not drag or force tube equipment over rocks, sticks or other items that may puncture and deflate the equipment. If a tube becomes deflated on the river, you should remain with the equipment as it should still provide some floatation (they have a small inner tube for just this reason).
- If you fall out of your boat, do remain or try to get in between it any solid objects. You should remain upriver and feet-first, above your equipment, especially canoes and kayaks.
- If you tip and roll your canoe or kayak, it's generally best to pull it to an island or river bank, then tip and roll it over to remove any water.
6. Inclement Weather
If the weather changes, we'll work with you to reschedule your trip accordingly. If you're already out on the river and the weather changes for the worse, your best course of action is to continue on, as there are limited access points. You must get out of the water and wait out any thunder & lightning.
Children must be 6 or older to tube, and 12 years of age or older to paddle their own canoe or kayak. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
All guests must be in sound health, able to swim, and able to maneuver independently and of their own ability into and out of the equipment and the river.
PFDs and Life Jackets
Learn more at the PA Fish & Boat Commission's website here.
No fireworks, explosive or incendiary devices, or weapons of any kind are permitted on our grounds or river trips.
Alcohol & Substance Abuse
Alcohol and substance abuse is not permitted on or in our grounds, vehicles, or during our river trips or related activities.
If you have additional questions, please let us know.